The European Ryder Cup team is gaining ground in the odds for the upcoming tournament, despite initially being considered underdogs. Here's an overview of the current odds and some notable developments:
Team USA (Captain: Zach Johnson)
- Favorites (-120)
- Automatic Qualifiers include Scottie Scheffler, Xander Schauffele, Jordan Spieth, Justin Thomas, Collin Morikawa, Brooks Koepka, Max Homa, Brian Harman, Patrick Cantlay, Sam Burns, Wyndham Clark, and Rickie Fowler.
Team Europe (Captain: Luke Donald)
- Underdogs (+125)
- Automatic Qualifiers include Viktor Hovland, Rory McIlroy, Jon Rahm, Robert MacIntyre, Tyrrell Hatton, Matt Fitzpatrick, Tommy Fleetwood, Sepp Straka, Justin Rose, Shane Lowry, Nicolai Hojgaard, and Ludvig Aberg.
A tie with a score of 14-14 is priced at +1200.
The odds have shifted in favor of Europe thanks to some key players' timely form. Viktor Hovland's wins at the BMW Championship and TOUR Championship, along with Ludvig Aberg's victory at the Omega European Masters, have bolstered Europe's chances.
It's worth noting that despite being favorites in recent years, the U.S. team has not won on European soil since 1993 at The Belfry in England.
In addition to betting on the eventual winner, there are numerous other betting markets for the Ryder Cup, including:
- Leading after the first session (Four-balls): U.S. (-115) vs. Europe (-105)
- First team to five points: U.S. (-105) vs. Europe (+105)
- First team to ten points: U.S. (-115) vs. Europe (+110)
- Session outcomes (Four-balls, Foursomes, Singles): Various options available with odds.
- Correct overall score predictions: Ranging from U.S. winning 14.5-13.5 (+1000) to Europe winning 20.5-7.5 (+15000).
- Correct score predictions for each day and each format: Various options with odds.
Additionally, there are individual player markets, including:
- Top point scorer for the Ryder Cup: Odds for several players on both teams.
- Top European Point Scorer and Top U.S. Point Scorer: Odds for individual players.
- Betting on rookies making a big impact.
These markets provide plenty of opportunities for golf bettors to get involved in the Ryder Cup excitement. More markets may open as the event approaches, so there will be ample opportunities for analysis and betting.